The lawyers in Beauchamps’ private client & family law practice, headed by Katherine Irwin, work keenly to meet the individual needs of clients, no matter what the circumstances. Among the team’s clients are private individuals, families, partners, company directors, corporate executives and charities.
The team are acutely aware that family law and private client matters are about people and they keep this in mind at all times when advising individuals and their families.
This results-focused team has the expertise to deliver expert legal advice to individuals for every stage of life.
Beauchamps’ private client & family law team biographies
Katherine is a partner and head of our private client & family law team. Katherine specialises in in family law and has particular expertise in financial settlements, separation and divorce, international divorce matters and issues relating to custody and access to children, surrogacy and adoption law, and has represented children in public law cases.
Katherine is a certified mediator and member of the Mediators Institute of Ireland.
Katherine previously ran her own successful practice in South County Dublin, before joining Beauchamps in July 2013.
- Private individual in a high profile separation in High Court involving complex commercial property issues
- Wife on maintaining her divorce jurisdiction in England
- Couple on the adoption of a child from sub-Saharan Africa
- A mother in relation to relocation to UAE when her children were remaining in Ireland
- Private individuals on jurisdictional issues in Spain, Italy and Greece
- Cohabitants in claims in the Circuit Court and High court
- Irish couples in relation to surrogacy applications
Get in touch with Katherine here.
Owen is an associate and trust and estate practitioner on our private client & family law team. Owen works with private individuals, families, partners, company directors and corporate executives on the full range of private client issues.
Owen specialises in wills and trusts and in particular tax efficient wills, administration of estates, advising in relation to contentious disputes in estates and advising in relation to extracting foreign grants of probate. He has experience of applications to the High Court Probate List. He advises families in relation to estate and succession planning including advising on tax efficient wealth transfers and inheritance tax reliefs. He also advises in relation to Enduring Powers of Attorney.
Owen has also built up a wealth of conveyancing and property experience. He acts for vendors and purchasers in the transfer of residential and agricultural property including advising on mortgages, transfers of property following family law settlements and registration applications.
- NAMA on making application to High Court for the appointment of Administrator ad Litem
- High net worth individuals on the drafting of tax efficient wills and tax efficient transfers of assets by gift or inheritance
- Trustees and beneficiaries on the administration of trusts
- Private individuals on the administration of estates including contentious probate
- Irish nationals living abroad on the purchase of houses in Ireland
- Private individuals on the drafting and registration of Enduring Powers of Attorney and living wills
- Private clients on the sale, purchase and mortgaging of residential property